Digital and enterprise energy: focus on the numbers
Analysis of the degree of use of Information and Communication Technology in the Energy & Utility sector based on data provided by Istat.
A few numbers that emerged from the analysis of the degree of use of Information and Communication Technology in the Energy sector:
- The share of companies active in the social world is 33.6 percent in 2017 compared with 30.3 percent in 2016;
- It continues to increase the share of energy companies selling online is 6.7 percent in 2017, up from 2016.
- For online purchases, Energy and utilities companies show a slight decline with their share falling from 42.1 percent in 2016 to 41.4 percent in 2017.
- Enterprises need the right human capital and skills to accompany digitization processes. In the energy sector-where with the largest average size the internalization of ICT processes rises-the demand for specialists is 20.8 percent
- – 18.4 percent of energy companies have organized training courses to develop and upgrade the ICT skills of their employees.
This post is also available in: Italian